LinkedIn is a professional networking platform that allows individuals and businesses to connect and share information. It is an effective tool for job searching, networking, and building professional relationships.
One of the newer and more powerful features on LinkedIn is LinkedIn Live, which allows users to broadcast live videos to their network. LinkedIn Live is a great way to connect with your audience in real-time, engage with your followers, and build your personal or business brand. With LinkedIn Live, you can reach a wider audience and create a more dynamic, interactive experience for your followers. It could also benefit your job search as you can use LinkedIn Live to showcase your skills, network with potential employers, and even conduct virtual job interviews. In this blog post, we'll take a look at how to use LinkedIn Live to connect with industry professionals and make the most of this powerful platform.
How to Go Live on LinkedIn?
First and foremost, you have to take live-streaming permission from LinkedIn. You can get access by either filling up a form or by getting in touch with a LinkedIn Marketing Solutions rep.
Once you have access, make sure these requirements are fulfilled:
- You have a minimum of 150 followers or connections (for Members and Pages).
- Make sure your profile complies with LinkedIn’s professional community policies.
- LinkedIn Live isn’t supported in mainland China.
Here is the guide laying out some specific guidelines for you to host and create a successful LinkedIn live stream. Once all the formalities are fulfilled, it's time to start exploring LinkedIn Live. Either you can go live directly on LinkedIn or use any third-party broadcasting tool.
If you wish to go live directly through LinkedIn, simply go to the LinkedIn homepage and click on the "Live" button on the left-hand side of the page.
Third-party broadcasting tools can be a great option for those looking to take their live streaming to the next level and want more control and flexibility over their content. One suggestion from Careerflow would be Flutin.
Live-streaming with Flutin allows you to multi-stream your LinkedIn Live to other 30+ social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc. Using these tools can help you to improve the overall quality of the live stream, such as providing better audio and video compression, which can lead to a better viewer experience.
Why Use LinkedIn Live?
LinkedIn Live has become increasingly popular among professionals looking to connect with their peers, recruit new talent, and promote their brands. You can differentiate yourself from your competitors and establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Here are a few reasons why you should consider using LinkedIn Live:
1. Reach a large and engaged audience: LinkedIn has over 700 million users worldwide, making it a great platform to reach a large and diverse audience. Additionally, LinkedIn users are known for being highly engaged, meaning they are more likely to watch, comment, and share your live videos.
2. Boost your visibility: When you go live on LinkedIn, your network of connections is notified and your video is featured in their newsfeed. As a result, you'll be able to reach a larger audience and attract more followers. Moreover, LinkedIn Live videos are also searchable, which can help boost your SEO and increase your visibility to a wider audience.
3. Build relationships and establish yourself as a thought leader: Live videos provide an opportunity for you to engage with your audience and build relationships. By answering questions, responding to comments, and sharing your knowledge, you can establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and establish credibility with your audience.
4. Drive leads and sales: By providing value to your audience through live videos, you can attract potential customers and drive leads and sales. Whether you’re offering a product demo, showcasing your services, or providing tips and insights, live videos can help you build trust and establish a connection with your audience.
5. Enhance your brand: Live videos provide an opportunity for you to showcase your personality and connect with your audience on a more personal level. By using your live videos to tell your story and share your brand’s mission, you can enhance your brand and build a strong and loyal following.
6. Increased engagement: Live videos are inherently more engaging than pre-recorded videos. The real-time nature of live videos means that you can respond to your audience’s questions and feedback in real time, creating a more interactive and engaging experience.
7. Cost-effective marketing tool: LinkedIn Live is a cost-effective marketing tool that allows you to reach a large and engaged audience without the need for expensive equipment or production costs. All you need is a smartphone or a webcam and an internet connection to start broadcasting.
8. Drive traffic to your website: LinkedIn Live can help you drive traffic to your website. You can provide a link to your website in the video description. This can help you increase your website's visibility and reach a wider audience.
9. Differentiate yourself from competitors: LinkedIn Live is a relatively new feature, so it's an opportunity to differentiate yourself from your competitors. By being one of the first in your industry to use the platform, you can gain a competitive advantage and reach a wider audience.
Tips for Creating a Successful LinkedIn Live
To get the most out of LinkedIn Live, it’s crucial to have a clear strategy in place. Here are some tips that will help you to host a successful LinkedIn Live:
- Plan content in advance: It's important to be prepared and have a clear agenda for what you'll be discussing. Make sure to introduce yourself and your topic, and then spend some time answering questions and engaging with your audience in real-time. You can also use the live chat feature to interact with your audience and take questions from viewers.
- Customize your live stream: Whether you're a business owner looking to promote your products or services, or a professional looking to build your personal brand, you can add multiple elements like Images, Videos, GIFs, and Backgrounds using a third-party broadcasting tool like Flutin. Customizing the live stream's look can help you establish a strong identity and make it stand out from other streams.
- Add interactive elements: Feel free to experiment with different types of content and formats when using LinkedIn Live. Polls, quizzes, and Q&A sessions can make your live stream more engaging and interactive, which can encourage viewers to participate and stay engaged for longer periods of time.
- Invite guests: One of the best ways to increase engagement is by hosting a live session with a guest. For example, if you're a marketer, invite someone from the same industry to join the live as a guest. Guests may have their own audience to which they can promote your live stream, which can help increase the number of viewers and followers for your channel. You'll be able to connect with other professionals in your field, learn from their insights and experiences, and even ask questions and engage in real-time discussions.
- Building trust: One of the most important things to remember when using LinkedIn Live is to be authentic and genuine. People can tell when you're not being sincere, and it's important to build trust and credibility with your audience. So be honest, be transparent, and be yourself. If you are yourself, people will be more likely to connect with you and build a relationship.
How to Use LinkedIn Live to Improve Your Professional Brand?
You can enhance your professional brand and reach a wider audience with the power of live streaming. When you go live on LinkedIn, you can interact with your audience in real time and share your thoughts and insights with the world. This helps you establish your expertise in your industry and creates a strong online presence. Additionally, you can create valuable content that showcases your skills, experience, and knowledge. This is especially useful for those in marketing and branding as it allows you to show off your creativity and expertise in a dynamic and engaging way.
LinkedIn Live provides an opportunity for you to network with other professionals in your industry. By participating in live discussions and events, you can build relationships and make connections with others who share your interests. By commenting and interacting with others during live events, you can expand your network and increase your visibility. It provides an opportunity to build trust with your audience by showing them a more personal side of you. This can help to create a strong bond with your followers and keep them engaged with your content.
Benefits of Using LinkedIn Live for Job Seekers
LinkedIn Live provides a valuable opportunity for job seekers to connect with industry professionals, demonstrate their expertise, build their personal brand, increase their visibility, enhance their job search strategy, and improve their communication skills. Here are some benefits of using LinkedIn Live for job seekers:
- Networking opportunities
LinkedIn Live provides an opportunity for job seekers to connect with industry professionals in real time. By participating in live discussions and Q&A sessions, job seekers can build relationships with influential individuals in their industry, gain valuable insights and advice, and showcase their knowledge. By establishing these connections, job seekers can increase their chances of getting noticed by potential employers.
- Showcasing Your Expertise
LinkedIn Live is an excellent platform for job seekers to demonstrate their professional skills and expertise. By participating in live discussions and Q&A sessions, job seekers can demonstrate their knowledge and skills in real time. This is an excellent opportunity for job seekers to stand out and differentiate themselves from other candidates. By demonstrating their expertise, job seekers can also increase their chances of getting noticed by potential employers.
- Building your brand
LinkedIn Live is an excellent platform for job seekers to build their personal brand. By participating in live discussions and Q&A sessions, job seekers can showcase their professional skills, accomplishments, and knowledge. Additionally, by participating in LinkedIn Live, job seekers can demonstrate their ability to communicate and engage with others in real time, which can help build trust and credibility.
- Boosting visibility
LinkedIn Live can help job seekers increase their visibility on the platform. By participating in live discussions and Q&A sessions, job seekers can reach a wider audience, including potential employers and industry professionals. This increased visibility can help job seekers get noticed and increase their chances of getting hired.
- Enhancing Your Job Search Strategy
LinkedIn Live can also be an effective tool for job seekers to enhance their job search strategy. By participating in live discussions and Q&A sessions, job seekers can learn about new job opportunities and stay up-to-date on industry trends. Additionally, by connecting with industry professionals and participating in live discussions, job seekers can gain valuable insights and advice that can help them improve their job search strategy.
- Improve communication skills
LinkedIn Live provides an opportunity for job seekers to improve their communication skills. By participating in live discussions and Q&A sessions, job seekers can practice speaking in front of an audience, answering questions, and engaging with others in real time. This can help job seekers improve their communication skills and make a positive impression on potential employers.
How to find Upcoming Live Events on Linkedin
You can easily find upcoming live events that fit your interests. We have some steps that will help you find upcoming LinkedIn Live:
Step 1: Use the LinkedIn events tab
The first step in finding upcoming live events on Linkedin is to navigate to the events tab on your profile page. You will find the events tab on the top navigation bar of your profile page. You can easily access the events tab by clicking on the “Events” option in the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Search for relevant events
Once you are on the events tab, you can start searching for relevant events that fit your interests. Linkedin has a powerful search engine that allows you to search for events by keyword, industry, location, date, and even attendee type. Simply type in your desired keywords in the search bar, and Linkedin will show you a list of relevant events.
Step 3: Browse through the list of events
Once you have performed your search, you will see a list of events that match your criteria. You can browse through the list of events to find events that interest you. You can see the event title, date, location, host, and attendee list. You can also view the event description to get more information about the event.
Step 4: Save the Event to Your Calendar
Once you have found an event that interests you, you can save the event to your calendar. This way, you will receive a reminder about the event, and you will never forget about it. To save an event to your calendar, click on the “Save” button located next to the event title.
Step 5: Register for the event
Once you have saved the event to your calendar, you can register for the event. Linkedin allows you to register for events directly from the events tab. To register for an event, click on the “Register” button located next to the event title. You will be prompted to enter your name, email address, and any additional information required by the host.
Step 6: Attend the event
Once you have registered for the event, you can attend the event. You can attend the event by clicking on the “Join the Event” button on the event page. Linkedin will automatically send you a reminder about the event, so you will never forget about it.
Suggestions from experts
Suggestions from Brian Fanzo, a keynote speaker, and digital strategist:
According to Brian, one of the keys to success on LinkedIn Live is to "be authentic, relatable, and most importantly, be yourself." He also recommends that you "show your personality and bring energy to your broadcasts." This will help you stand out and make a connection with your audience.
Suggestions from Chris Do, filmmaker, and creative director:
Chris emphasizes the importance of preparation and having a clear understanding of your audience. He says, "Be prepared, have a script, and be knowledgeable about your topic. You don't have to have all the answers, but you should know what you're talking about." He also suggests having a plan for your broadcast and making sure you have all the equipment and resources you need before you start.
Suggestions from Mari Smith, a social media expert:
Mari emphasizes the importance of engaging with your audience. She says, "The power of live-streaming is that it's a two-way conversation. So make sure you engage with your audience and encourage them to ask questions." Mari also recommends, “Be open to feedback and constructive criticism." This will help you improve your broadcast and connect with your audience on a deeper level.
In conclusion, LinkedIn Live is a powerful tool for professionals looking to connect with other industry experts and expand their network. By participating in relevant live streams, hosting your own live streams, and being authentic and genuine, you'll be able to build your personal brand, promote your business, and learn from others in your field. So, take advantage of this powerful tool and start connecting with the industry.